rockin' cup-quakes

Hear the latest on what's happening with BluRuby and then some!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Okay, it's a bit too late for that but it HAS been a while since I posted anything. Blame it all on doing too many things at the same time - day job, freelance, and baking! That's right, I thought my powers could handle everything but alas, reality hit and the energizer bunny finally ran out of juice! So after a much deserved R & R in Hawaii, I came back and hung my spatula for the holidays! That's right, I didn't bake one single cupcake all throughout Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.

However, as soon as I started back at Cartoon Network, the Ben 10 production was wrapping up their recording and ordered a cake for that occasion. Could't turn them down because they were pretty persuasive so even though I've focused on cupcakes for the past months, I agreed to bake them their cake.
I'm pretty happy with the results!

Since I mentioned I started back at CNS early this year, I forgot to mention I'm on this new show called "Chowder". It's about this boy who's a novice chef and his adventures. How lucky am I to have landed that gig! A show about cooking!!! Thanks a lot, Carl Greenblatt, creator of Chowder, for having given me this great opportunity to be part of a really good and funny show, not to mention, beautiful! Totally cool style! Check out the promo:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/upfront/

Anyway. to show my gratitude, I made cupcakes this week for the crew. Check these out:

Feel the love?




8 Comments:

Blogger M.H. said...

The bottom pic, were they chowder-flavored?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

you're not the first one to ask that question! and the answer is......

6:21 PM  
Blogger burgerlog said...

what????? I didn't get to eat any of these? where was I? those look delicious!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool and delicious stuff Becca!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

more to come, people! well....that is...granted I get a reprieve from the epic episodes I've been getting lately! argh!!!!!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger fides said...

woohoo!!!u r a superwoman!!proud of you,dear!!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Philip Dimitriadis said...

Hi Becca... hope you are well...long time no talk!!!!
Your freaking cup cakes and cake design ROCK!!!!
You need to start your own bakery!!!!!!!
take care, talk to you later,
-phil d.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

Hi Becca!

Of course I remember you! who else has the same name as me and was one of the craziest ppl i worked with at FG.. I don't kno if u'll still be there, but i'll be over at CN in late august. will there be any cupcakes left?!?!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home