rockin' cup-quakes

Hear the latest on what's happening with BluRuby and then some!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Toying with Merchandising


So I think in the near future, BluRuby will go into a few practical accoutrements to sell. Here's a product sample with my personal motto "I said, I'M SWEET!!! NOT SAVORY!!!" mug design, courtesy of the very talented Millet Henson - BluRuby's official artist in charge of merchandising.

The history behind this quote started back in April when I volunteered at the UCLA/LA Times Book Festival. The coordinator of the cooking stage was questioning my ability to saute and kept cautioning me about overcooking my mushrooms. Resenting the fact that the "aforementioned individual" was being a bit condescending to someone who was there volunteering her weekend, and having already been informed that I am a PASTRY CHEF and don't do much "savory cheffing", the only thing I can think of in response was - what's now on my BluRuby mug.

My friend, Ben, thought it would be a good idea to put it on a t-shirt. So with that suggestion, I thought I'd try it on a mug for starters. I think it turned out preeeetty cool!

6 Comments:

Blogger RedDiabla said...

Another idea would be to print up little napkins with that saying to hand out with the cuppycakes.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I like that! Oh....imagine the possibilities! Nature Girl has evolved but she definitely still lives on!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! And I love the boxes too! Ok, total packaging genius for cupcakes boxes woman.

1:37 PM  
Blogger kaunchen said...

What a cute cup!!Ur cup cakes look so Yummy:)

4:34 PM  
Blogger AJK said...

Hi Becca!
Been meaning to write back! Wanted to tell you those cupcakes were HEAVENLY! I'm not supposed to eat Dairy or Wheat(food allergy), so I took a nibble of each, but BOY I really had the temptation to gobble the rest down... but, I was strong and gave the rest to my Hubby who loved it as well! Thanks! Oh and these merchandises are adorable! Love the boxes! so cute!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

O Janice!!! I'm so sorry I didn't know you were allergic but I'm glad your husband enjoyed them! Thanks for the kind feedback! It always helps to hear I'm at least doing something right! :)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home